Join our small friendly Cheltenham based team and work with us!
Available job roles
Part-time self-employed baker and cake decorator
If you have always dreamt of creating cakes for a living and bringing a smile to customers faces on their special day then working with the Vanilla Pod Bakery could be perfect for you.
We are a small specialist wedding cake bakery looking for enthusiastic, self-motivated and committed individuals who want to offer us their services long-term on a self-employed basis creating (baking and decorating) luxury bespoke cakes.
Working hours/days: You work to your own hours but it will include weekend work.
Location: Your kitchen, our kitchen, venues across the local counties.
Wage: Very competitive depending on experience and talent.
- Baking cakes and cupcakes from recipes provided
- Decorating bespoke wedding to order cakes as per client’s instructions
- Delivery and cake set up at venues within a 80 mile radius of Cheltenham
- Stock management
- Fondant work
- Buttercream work
- Chocolate ganache work
- Stacking Cakes
- General housekeeping
- Maintain high standards, production of orders
- Cake decorating experience of at least 2 years + ( either commercially or from home baking)
- Excellent Cake decorating skills
- Positive attitude and excellent work ethic
- An eye for detail and a creative mind.
- Ability to distinguish between different shade of colours.
- Strong organisational and time management skills;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Ability to work well as part of an external team as well as on your own
- Professional demeanour.
- Ability to work on your feet for extended periods of time (8+ hours a day);
- Right to work in the UK
- Ability to be flexible
- Clean drivers license and car
- Must be reliable and great with customers
- 1. Evaluation of your portfolio and application form
- 2. Invitation for interview and trial
- 3. Evaluation of interview and trial
- 4. Job Offer (if successful)
- 5. Negotiation
The role is a self employed position, you will need your own clean car with business insurance, access to mobile phone with reliable GPS as well as a computer, printer and telephone. You will also need to organise your home business insurance, have your kitchen registered with the council, have a completed food hygiene certificate level 2 and complete a tax return each year. But don’t worry we can help with all of this. Full training and support will be given.