Join our small friendly Cheltenham based team and work with us!
Available job roles
Part-time self-employed baker and cake decorator
If you have always dreamt of creating cakes for a living and bringing a smile to customers faces on their special day then working with the Vanilla Pod Bakery could be perfect for you.
We are a small specialist wedding cake bakery looking for creative, enthusiastic, self-motivated and committed individuals who want to offer us their services long-term on a self-employed basis creating (creating, baking, decorating and delivering) luxury bespoke cakes.
Working hours/days: Wednesday, Thursday, Fridays, Saturdays. It may also include some Sundays and evening work.
Location: Vanilla Pod Bakery Cake Studio (in Fairview, Cheltenham) and venues across the UK.
Wage: Competitive depending on experience and talent. – Silvina, what wage would you be looking for?
- Baking cakes and cupcakes from recipes provided
- Decorating bespoke wedding to order cakes as per client’s instructions
- Delivery and cake set up at venues within a 100 mile radius of Cheltenham
- Dressing cakes in the studio and on site at venues
- Stock management
- Fondant work
- Buttercream work
- Chocolate ganache work
- Stacking cakes with dowels
- General housekeeping
- Aristic and creative
- Maintain extremely high standards, production of orders
- Cake decorating experience of at least 2 years + ( either commercially or from home baking)
- Excellent cake decorating skills
- Positive, can do, attitude
- Enjoys a challenge
- Excellent work ethic
- An eye for detail and a creative mind.
- Ability to distinguish between different shade of colours.
- Strong organisational and time management skills;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Ability to work well as part of a team as well as on your own
- Professional demeanour.
- Ability to work on your feet for extended periods of time (8+ hours a day);
- Right to work in the UK
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable
- Clean drivers license and car
- Must be reliable and great with customers
- 1. Evaluation of your portfolio and application form
- 2. Invitation for interview and trial
- 3. Evaluation of interview and trial
- 4. Job Offer (if successful)
- 5. Negotiation
The role is a self employed position, you will need your own clean car with business insurance, access to mobile phone with reliable GPS. You will also need to have a completed food hygiene certificate level 2 and complete a tax return each year. But don’t worry we can help with all of this. Full training and support will be given.
To apply for the role please email Pia Cato at the email below with answers to the questions below:
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line: I would love to join the Vanilla Pod Bakery Team!
All questions must be answered:
Your full name:
Your telephone number:
Your email address:
Why do you want to join the Vanilla Pod Bakery team?
What cake decorating, baking, delivery and set up experience do you have?
If you could describe yourself in three words, how would you describe yourself?
What does the Vanilla Pod Bakery mean to you?