- All our cake designs can be customised but the result is dependent on the information given to the Vanilla Pod Bakery by the customer. The interpretation of customers’ bespoke requirements and amends to the core designs are approved by the customer during the order process; written descriptions and a diagram will be used to explain what the customer will receive.
- The Vanilla Pod Bakery will do its best to match any colour requests for icing but we cannot guarantee an exact Pantone match as colours present differently in different materials. We aim for a perfect match but this is not always possible.
Allergies & Special Dietary Requirements
- All cakes are delivered with ingredients lists and allergy information for catering staff’s reference. If the bridal couple require this information separately and earlier it should be requested by emailing email@example.com or calling 07828668932. An opportunity to request ingredients information is given with both the formal quote and order confirmation.
- All the Vanilla Pod Bakery wedding cakes contain butter, gluten (wheat) and eggs and are made in an environment that handles nuts, soya and alcohol. Nut-free and alcohol-free cakes can be made on request but we cannot guarantee that these cakes will not contain trace amounts of these ingredients due to the nature of production.
- The Vanilla Pod Bakery offers the facility for gluten-free cakes but we cannot guarantee that trace amounts will not be present.
- The Vanilla Pod Bakery accepts no liability for customers suffering allergic reactions from eating our cakes.
- It is the customer’s responsibility to make the Vanilla Pod Bakery aware of any special dietary requirements that need to be accommodated in the making of their cake.
- We cannot guarantee that the fruit used to make our jams and marmalades is 100% stone-free, as pips and stones can be missed in rare circumstances in the manufacturing process.
Consultation and Tasting
- The samples given in the consultation and tasting are made to approved wedding cake recipes. However, every cake is handmade to order using fresh and natural ingredients and on rare occasions slight variations may occur as a result of this.
Payment and deposits
- Customers will receive written quotes with a clear breakdown of which costs apply to what aspects of the cake.
- A non-refundable deposit of £250 is required to confirm your order.
- Deposits are non-refundable. Please refer to the section regarding cancellations for more details.
- The final payment of the balance is due, at the latest, 30 days before your wedding. Payment can be made earlier if you wish, but we require the balance closed 30 days prior to delivery/collection.
- Failure to complete payment by 30 days prior to your wedding may result in your cake order being cancelled.
- Payment methods accepted are Cash, Cheque, Credit Card or BACS. Cheques are to be made payable to “The Vanilla Pod Bakery” and sent to the address above. Please allow an additional 5 working days for cheques to be banked and cleared. Please write your name and invoice number on the reverse of the cheque. Once payment has been received an email confirmation receipt will be sent to you.
- Late or non-payments could result in loss of your booking date. In the event of a late or non-payment, the order will not proceed until alternative funding has been agreed and payment made in full. In these circumstances, subsequent completion of the order on the required date will not be guaranteed and becomes Subject To Availability.
Change of Wedding Date
If, for any reason you wish to re-arrange the date of your wedding, we will try its best to accommodate these changes without any additional charges provided sufficient notice is given and that we are able to provide a cake for the re-arranged wedding date. However, if we are fully booked on your new wedding date and cannot provide the wedding cake, it will not be possible to refund your deposit.
The limiting factor with any cake provision is usually the cake set-up. As a compromise, it may be possible to provide you with a cake prior to your wedding date, but under these circumstances it will become your responsibility to collect, deliver and set-up the cake at the venue. If you cancel your wedding cake order with us after requesting a change of date no refunds will be made to you (the client) under any circumstances.
- Any alterations you wish to make to your confirmed, ordered cake design must be requested in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. We cannot guarantee that we will be able to make alterations to cakes requested within a month of delivery. If an alteration affects the cost, your balance will be adjusted accordingly. We will be able to send you written confirmation of the changes.
- We cannot refund the cost of any cakes cancelled with less than 30 days’ notice.
- Deposits are non-refundable.
- All Cancellations must be made in writing. Verbal phone cancellations will not be binding.
- The Vanilla Pod Bakery charge £25 per hour and £0.45 per mile (round trip) for delivery to venues. The Vanilla Pod Bakery delivery charges include delivery to the agreed location for the specified time (as per the final order confirmation), liaison with the caterer or banqueting manager at your venue and assembly of the cake in-situ.
- Delivery charges are calculated as starting from the bakery in Cheltenham. The route taken is at the bakery’s discretion.
- The Vanilla Pod Bakery offers the option for customers to collect their cake free of charge from our Cheltenham bakery. Not all cakes are suitable for collection so please ask for more detailed information.
- The Vanilla Pod Bakery provides assembly instructions for collect-from-bakery cakes. The Vanilla Pod Bakery accepts no liability for self-assembly cakes that are not assembled properly or are damaged during assembly.
- Please note – wedding cakes can be very heavy and large and the components may come in several boxes. They may not be suitable for transporting via public transport.
We have a wide range of stands, bases and cupcake tower stands available for hire. All stands require a deposit, in addition to hire charges, which is fully refundable on return of the hired stand. Any damages will be deducted from the deposit. In the event that damages are excessive, or a loss has occurred the deposit will be retained.
- The Vanilla Pod Bakery accepts no liability for cakes that are damaged after they have been delivered to the agreed location.
- For cakes delivered to wedding venues, The Vanilla Pod Bakery requires a signed delivery note by the caterer to say that the cake has arrived and that it arrived in perfect condition, with a photograph as proof. Cakes collected from the bakery are to be checked by the customer on collection, who signs to say they have been collected in perfect condition. Damages after this point are not The Vanilla Pod Bakery’s responsibility.
- All The Vanilla Pod Bakery wedding cakes are fragile and require care and attention when handling, storing and displaying to prevent damage occurring. Please tell your caterers to carefully read the care information that comes with the cake on delivery.
- Please take care when displaying your cake at your wedding reception to avoid direct sunlight, spotlights or candles creating damage to the cake decorations. Hand-painted cakes are especially vulnerable to heat and light damage. All Vanilla Pod Bakery cakes are designed to withstand normal and reasonable display conditions. Special requirements regarding display suitability will be discussed during the consultation process. The Vanilla Pod Bakery accepts no liability for cakes that are damaged during display at your wedding.